Front Desk/Legal Assistant
Our growing law firm is currently seeking a qualified applicant to fill an open Legal Assistant/Front Desk position. This position will be responsible for managing some day-to-day operations of the law firm, including carrying out administrative services, providing support to the legal team and helping provide great legal services to our client’s.
Who We Are:
We are a growing Greenville law firm just outside of downtown Greenville. Our legal practice areas include real estate closings, estate planning, business law, criminal law, and litigation.
This position is meant to assist our attorneys who handle real estate transactions and Business Law/Business Development.
Business Development – Many of our business development clients own small and medium sized (40-100 employees) in the area in a multitude of industries. We provide services aimed at helping them grow and scale their businesses.
This position will often be responsible with communicating directly with our clients to schedule meetings and prepare detailed reports. Therefore, professionalism and organization are a critical requirement.
Industries you will assist in:
- Software development/App development
- Real Estate Developers/Builders
- Business Consulting
- Business Brokerage
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
Real Estate Transactions- Much of our real estate transaction work has been commercial. However, this person will assist in the development of our increasing residential closings side. An understanding of the real estate industry and/or real estate loan/closing process is a plus, but not required.
Transactions you will assist in:
- Residential Purchases
- Bank Refinances
- Home Equity Lines of Credit
- Commercial Leases
- Commercial Purchases/Sales
- Quiet Title Actions
- Condo Associations, HOA’s, Property Subdivisions
Who Should Apply:
The ideal candidate is an energetic person, who is extremely organized, professional, a fast learner and values the importance of great customer service.
The applicant must also be able to work independently. Often, this person will be given responsibilities and projects requiring many of the tasks to be completed in between the completion of their daily/weekly responsibilities.
No previous legal experience is required to work in this position. We are more concerned with whether the candidate exhibits the characteristics mentioned above. However, experience working in the following industries is a plus:
- Real Estate (lender, sales, or legal)
- Business Law or Transactional Law Firm
- Title Insurance
- Legal Assistant Duties
- Business Law/Business Development:
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; preparing and filing documents; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports.
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers.
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for attorney and clients; organizing materials for team case review.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Real Estate Transactions
- Review and prepare correspondence between buyers, sellers, agents, lenders and various other parties related to each real estate transaction;
- Assist in the preparation and execution of the following tasks:
- Collect necessary information from multiple parties;
- Review purchase and sale contracts;
- Review title request forms from lenders;
- Schedule title searches;
- Schedule title examinations and certifications;
- Prepare title insurance policies;
- Coordinate closing times with necessary parties;
- Recording of necessary documents;
- Record important dates and maintain files;
- Organize closing funds;
- Calendar all critical dates and contingencies;
- Prepare a closing checklist, which includes outlining critical dates and the responsibilities of all parties;
- Assist in post-closing process
- Front Desk Duties
- Receive visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming calls (that pertain to the legal areas indicated above)
- Receiving and sorting daily mail
- Ensure reception area, lobby, conference room, and seminar room is tidy and presentable
- After a meeting has taken place or a seminar has concluded make sure the room is tidy and presentable for the next meeting or seminar room
- Some social media posting for the firm may also be required
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, follow these instructions: 1. Email DLFApplication(at)gmail.com with the subject line “My favorite color is…” and include your favorite color; 2. Attach your resume; and 3. In the body of the email, list three nice things a former employers and/or co-worker would say about you and one negative thing a former employer might say about you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22,000.00 to $27,000.00 /year