Greenville Criminal Defense — Greenville DUI Defense Lawyer
When you are facing felony or misdemeanor charges, your choice of criminal defense lawyer can have a substantial impact on your future. While there are many qualified South Carolina criminal defense law firms, our firm is built on experience, commitment, and dedication to the rights of the accused. This background provides a firm foundation for protecting our clients’ reputations, liberty, and careers whether charged with serious felonies or a first offense of driving under the influence (DUI).
Why Clients Facing Criminal Charges Trust Aaron De Bruin
When you are facing criminal charges that could derail your future, there is no substitute for experience and proven expertise. Greenville criminal defense lawyer Aaron De Bruin is a former prosecutor for the United States Marine Corps. This experience involved handling a broad spectrum of criminal charges and a heavy caseload. During his time as Judge Advocate General in the marine corps, Aaron acquired experience working closely with military law enforcement, which includes the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. Because of his time as a successful military prosecutor, he anticipates the tactics of law enforcement officers and prosecutors. The De Bruin Law Firm, LLC offers clients over 28 years of collective legal experience. Aaron’s clients also take comfort in the fact that he has extensive courtroom experience, so he does not shy away from trial.
Honors, client reviews, and accolades from around the web and media sources attest to Aaron’s effectiveness.
- Greenville Business Magazine Pick as One of Greenville’s “Elite Criminal Defense Attorneys” (2O13, 2015, 2016)
- 5-Star Rated Criminal Defense Attorney on AVVO (Verified 9-17-2017)
- 5-Star Average Rating from Former Clients on Facebook (Verified 9-17-2017)
Aaron De Bruin
Because Your Future Deserves A Defense
We understand how difficult it can be to try to handle the criminal justice system, especially when so much is at risk. Depending on the type of crime you are charged with, a criminal conviction has the potential to result in jail, costly fines, the suspension of your license, and even the loss of some of your constitutional rights – among other possible penalties. When a person hires Aaron De Bruin to defend them, they are treated on a personal level.
Because every situation is unique, your representation needs to be customized to you and your specific case. Whether you are being charged with a minor misdemeanor or a major felony, you can be confident that we will do all we can and fight tirelessly to help you secure the most favorable outcome possible. Additionally, we understand that an individual may find themselves in a complicated situation a given time, which is why we have someone standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to take your call.
Reasons To Hire Aaron De Bruin:
- Former Marine Corps. Prosecutor
- His Office is available to clients 24/7
- Free Case Evaluations
- Offers Payment Plans
- Named Legal Elite of of the Upstate by Greenville Business Magazine
Tenacious Defense of South Carolina Criminal Charges
Our strategy is constructed based on the specific charge, facts, and circumstances of your situation. We may challenge law enforcement procedures, forensic testing, witness bias, and other aspects of the law enforcement investigation and prosecutor conduct. Aaron understands the importance of thoroughly gathering and analyzing relevant facts, which is why he works closely with private investigators and experts in disciplines like forensics, medicine, psychiatry, chemistry, accident reconstruction, and other areas of specialized knowledge. Although we fit our defense strategy to your unique situation, some of the tactics that Aaron might employ to protect your future include:
- Proving a search violated the Fourth Amendment
- Seeking exclusion of confessions obtained illegally
- Challenging chemical testing in driving under the influence (DUI) cases
- Revealing shoddy collection and handling of forensic evidence
- Conducting tenacious cross-examination of prosecution witnesses
- Exposing the failure of officers to document chain of custody
- Exposing lack of training or a pattern of misconduct by the arresting officer
- Challenging an unlawful stop based on insufficient articulable facts
Fighting for Those Accused of the Full Spectrum of Criminal Offenses
Greenville criminal defense attorney Aaron De Bruin has the experience and expertise to represent clients charged with a broad spectrum of crimes. Our law firm provides aggressive defense to a multitude of criminal charges, including but not limited to the following:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Assault and Battery
- Drug Offenses
- Theft Crimes
- Sexual Assault
- White Collar Crimes
- Domestic Violence
Criminal Convictions Can Result in Serious Sentences and Consequences
While a misdemeanor charge can result in county jail, significant fines, a driver’s license suspension, mandatory classes, community service, probation, and other penalties, a felony could lead to similar consequences and a lengthy period of incarceration in state prison. Depending on the felony, you also might face other serious penalties, such as mandatory registration as a sex offender, limitations on where you can live and travel, loss of certain constitutional rights, exposure to searches without cause, a prohibition on possessing firearms, and more.
While these forms of punishment can impact your family, career, and finances, there are other consequences that may have a significant long-term impact even after you have fully satisfied the terms of your sentence and probation:
- Exposure of immigrants to removal or permanent exclusion from entering the U.S.
- Ineligibility for certain occupational or professional licensing
- Academic discipline by colleges
- Denial of admission or expulsion from a university
- Disqualification from eligibility for certain loans and financial aid
- Discovery of conviction and denial of employment or rental housing
- Damage to the individual’s personal and professional reputation
Although our Greenville criminal defense lawyers work diligently to protect clients from a criminal record and incarceration, our approach involves preparing the most effective defense to negotiate any plea agreement from a position of strength.
Aaron De Bruin | Criminal Defense Attorney
For over 10 years, Aaron De Bruin has been dedicated to representing clients within the criminal justice system. Aaron is committed to relentlessly providing his clients the legal counsel they deserve during the difficult times associated with a criminal charge. He prides himself on the ability to defend his clients and constantly seek the most favorable outcome for their individual situation.
De Bruin Law Firm
Request a Free Consultation Today