Through mergers and acquisitions, businesses adapt to changing environments and continue to grow and thrive. Business owners and executives must carefully plan mergers and acquisitions, taking numerous factors into account. Without sound legal guidance, these owners may take steps that hurt the future of the business. At the De Bruin Law Firm, our Greenville, South Carolina business law attorneys are experienced in various deals and provide quality legal advice to our clients.
WHAT ARE MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS?
During a merger, two unique companies, typically comparable in size, combine to create a single company. During an acquisition, one corporation takes over another business. The company that is acquired becomes part of the larger company, and the larger company acquires all of the rights and duties of the smaller company. Though often used interchangeably, mergers and acquisitions have different goals. With the assistance of our attorneys, clients are able to determine the advantages and disadvantages of entering into these deals.
WE WORK WITH YOU THROUGH EACH PART OF THE DEAL
Our business law attorneys will provide guidance and advice through each phase of a merger and acquisition deal. When we begin discussing the deal, we will gain an understanding of your objectives and ensure that any proposed deals will help you achieve those goals. We treat your business as we would our own.
We are experienced in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including:
- Creating a list of potential businesses to buy or sell to
- Creating and reviewing a confidential information memorandum that lays out pertinent information about selling your business
- Creating and sending a solicitation of interest to express interest in buying another company
- Addressing concerns about employees who work for the business that is being acquired or sold
- Negotiating fair purchase prices, seeking the guidance of a team of experts when necessary
- Advising our clients of any tax consequences the deal may have
- Reducing liability as much as possible
- Coordinating meetings to discuss the details of the deal with buyers and sellers
- Conducting due diligence to verify all of the facts and figures cited in the deal
- Drafting purchase agreements that clearly lay out all the terms and conditions of the deal
- Finalizing the deal
- Assisting clients with any post-closing issues
Our broad experience in mergers and acquisitions allows us to anticipate issues that may arise and take proactive measures to protect our clients’ interests.
WE PROVIDE TAILORED GUIDANCE FOR YOUR BUSINESS
No merger or acquisition is the same. Businesses vary significantly by size, industry, and revenue. Further, the terms of a transaction also vary depending on the goals of the deal. The ever-changing economy also significantly impacts deals. With so many elements that may affect the terms of a deal, businesses need attorneys that understand the environment of a transaction and how it will affect their clients. Our attorneys carefully study the characteristics of your business and the climate of the market to plan the best route for a new deal. Advice for one company is not necessarily good advice for another company. In addition to being skilled business lawyers, our attorneys are also experienced business owners, which provides us with unique insight into our clients’ business deals. We know how to navigate these complex transactions and ensure that our clients’ legal interests are protected and that their goals are met.
Legal Counsel For your business
If you want to discuss your business needs we are here to help. Schedule a call or consultation with the business law attorneys at the De Bruin Law Firm today by calling 864-982-5930 or get started below.
BUSINESS LAW SERVICES
Our Business Law Attorneys
Gary De Bruin, Esq.
Estate Planning and Business Law
Bryan De Bruin, Esq.
Business Law and Real Estate
The De Bruin Law Firm is dedicated to providing quality legal services throughout South Carolina.
If you'd like to speak with one of our attorneys call us at (864) 982-5930 or use the button below.